Pages

Friday, November 04, 2005

Out of My Gourd



This is Gourdy the Turkey...my creation from my first Artist Date. I finally made him a hat. Since I could not find the little straw hats I was sure I have somewhere, I made him one out of felted wool. Felted wool is such an easy material to work with...no raveling and cotton thread just melts into the fabric and is nearly invisible.

I am trying to keep up with my morning pages...so far have only missed one day. I have noticed a couple of things... 1. I keep going over the same topics and 2. My handwriting is getting sloppier and sloppier...such a pity too, I used to do hand calligraphy, but its so much nicer (and easier!) to compose and print out calligraphy on the computer these days that I have retired my pens.

2 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Cute little guy!

For your morning pages, try an affirmation at the top of the page and maybe that could move you along. Just a thought.

Cathy said...

I had several days of same old, same old in my morning pages. I think Debra's idea is good. I may try that myself on those morning that I'm stuck. Love the turkey!