Pages

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Artist's Way Check In - Week Seven

Found a couple of quotes that were really interesting to me in chapter seven this week -

  • Perfectionism is not a quest for the best. It is a pursuit of the worst in ourselves, the part that tells us that nothing we do will ever be good enough - that we should try again.

  • Usually when we say we can't do something, what we mean is that we won't do something unless we can guarantee we'll do it perfectly.


Tasks:
1. Made the mantra and stuck it up on my bulletin board...
4. Got a delicious smelling candle - hazelnut cream. Though I don't actually like burning candles in my house, I do like picking up a good smelling candle as I pass by during the day...
5. Wore my favorite pink sweater a couple of times just cuz...
6. Bought a cozy soft pair of bottle green sox...
7 & 10. Made the collage (see other post for picture). Its hanging behind my desk where I can see it frequently. I was surprised by just how many pictures of cruise boats I picked out - I guess I really do want to go on a cruise!
8. Favorite films
  • Princess Bride
  • Somewhere in Time
  • Ever After
  • Real Genius
  • Its a Wonderful Life


Trimming it to 5 was hard...I like lots of films - including the Lord of the Ring Trilogy, the Harry Potter series, the Star Wars series and the Star Trek series...

Check In:
1. Did my morning pages 6/7..Wednesdays continue to be my challenge day. I did morning pages most of the days last week too...even though we were on hiatus.
2. Artist Date this week was thrift store sailing...went to a bunch of thrift stores that are near each other in Downtown. In one of the stores, I found a package of felt that sticks to the wall without harming the paint...there are four pieces which I think I will use in the corners of chunk of white flannel for a design wall. I also happened on a sweater sale at another - any sweater for 3 bucks. I got a raspberry chenille pullover and a cardigan that has rows of designs that go all the way around the sweater even the back...I haven't any idea what that pattern is called but I have been looking for one that I liked for a looonnnnggg time. This one has a gold background with pink, rose, green, white and slate blue...its label says its an Heirloom Collectible from 2004 and it does not appear to have ever been worn! Very funny that I would be picking out sweaters - it was close to 90 that day! Did I take any risks with my Artist Date..well, no. But it felt really cool to find that sweater!
3. Synchronicity...well, this week it was everywhere...I have joined the Healthy Living gang on the quilting forum and the Quilters Lounge...Got lots of references everywhere I looked - even in my mail, that the only way to actually keep weight off is to exercise! SO I am exercising...
4. As for issues, I am not sure this is actually an issue, but I am getting way more organized than I have been in the past...I seem to be able to focus harder on tasks and GET 'EM DONE easier! This is a good thing...

No comments: