Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Crazy Quilt Block 2

Here is my latest crazy quilt block. I decided to embellish the first block that I made as an experiment to see if I could do curved foundation piecing per the instructions Allison has on her site.

Here is the bare block:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here it is after embellishing:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I am almost caught up with the 100 days details except for the ones that have the silk ribbon embroidery. Since I lack silk ribbon or anything comparable, I have to do those details on another block! My wisteria with the caston stitches ended up more like mutant raspberries (like Allison's!) mostly because I also did not have any lavender floss...I did get some so I will probably try to do that detail over...I like my mutant raspberries though!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now...I just have to figure out what to do with it - I have lots more of the fabrics, so I could make more blocks...or I could finish it off...its not dreadfully big - about 6" by 4". Any suggestions?

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A Puzzling Block

One of the ladies on the quilting forum drew up this block for me using EQ5. It consists of 12 identically shaped blades arranged in a circle. This was a fun block to sew, especially since it seems to be rather unique. This was the first time I tried a set-in circle and a couple of spots on the edge are a bit wonky but overall I really like this block! I used the batiks I got on the shop hop last Saturday for the center blades...the rest of the fabrics were ones I had in my stash.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, July 03, 2006

June Journal Quilt Challenge - Fractured Fancy

June Journal Quilt Challenge - Fractured Fancy - My Adventure into Crazy Quilting:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These are the last few details that I added...
Some beaded flowers with French knot vines:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Drizzle stitch flowers:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Another vine with French knots:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Daisy lace with pearl centers and feather stitching:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Some fancy old brass buttons:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I haven't done the text printing on the backing sheet as I am having trouble with the computer that the printer I need is attached to. I finished the page with a pillowcase backing and slipped the Timtex stiffening sheet inside. The backing information will be buttoned onto the back. One of the things I am happiest with on this page is that it was done without buying anything new! The velvets came from my Granny's stash and the beads, laces, ribbons, buttons, embroidery thread and the tuppence came from either my stash or my Mom's stash.