Thursday, September 14, 2006

SRE Vest Progress



Here is the progress on my Silk Ribbon Embroidered vest. I am loving how this is turning out. I have a bit more stem stitching on the panel on the left and the panel on the right needs a bunch more flowers and lots more leaves and stems. I haven't started on the back yet.

I bought some material at the LQS the other day for the lining. The original pattern showed a dark blue vest with a dark blue and white checked lining. I wanted something similar but did not find a real checked fabric. The one I ended up with is sort of a check. I think its neutral enough to not detract from the flowers.

4 comments:

Rian said...

Wow! That is stunning!

Charlene said...

You're making great progress. Show us the lining, please...

Melissa said...

My first reaction when I opened and saw your SRE was "Oh how LOVELY!" It's really, really nice! Great job!

lillian said...

Just beautiful! I love it!

Your post about what is lurking in your kitchen drawer is very funny. I have to admit that some of those things I would definitely use which makes it even funnier!