Pages

Sunday, October 08, 2006

There's A Whole Bunch of Weirdness Going Round...

So...ya really wanna know my 5 weirdnesses?

1. I have never had my hair perm'ed or colored.
2. I have to have wool sox on at night during the winter. Can't sleep with cold feet or even cool feet - they gotta be warm.
3. I have to have my shoulders covered even in the summer. Makes for some odd looking arrangements of the sheet - top edge of sheet draped over shoulders, butt and legs hanging out...
4. I have 'purse-angst' - its gotta be draped over my knee with both my feet touching it when I am sitting down anywhere other than my house. This stems from a trip DH and I took probably over 20 years ago...we got onto the plane, he asked a question about who we were going to see first, I reached for my purse to pull out the itinerary and AGGGH - NO PURSE! I had left it on the xray conveyor belt...Fortunately, DH was able to persuade the stewardesses to let him off to go get it and they held up the plane for 5 minutes til he got back...I was a TOTAL NERVOUS WRECK!!!
5. I turn in circles when I sleep...left side, right side, tummy, left side, right side, tummy, etc...sometimes if the sheets are not tucked really tight, I get pleats in the bottom sheet. The only time I don't turn is if I have a cold and then I prop myself up so I stay on my back, but its not really comfortable...just keeps me from drowning...

I see Jane Ann hasn't done this yet...TAG!

9 comments:

Jane Ann said...

Oh, Suze, I thought no one noticed. Don't you have a wedding or sump-un to tell us about? Okay....

Suze said...

Snicker...I had to look hard to find someone that hadn't posted this meme yet...it took me several days of thinking about it to come up with 5 things...

The wedding is next Saturday...hopefully it comes off ok...The bride-to-be called me a couple of days ago and they still didn't have the marriage licence!
And it looks like the rehearsal may be a bit slim on participants...most of the attendants can't get off work early enough - my DS even is not able to get off work...sigh.
My mom keeps asking me questions about the plans and I have to keep saying "I dunno"...if it were my DD's wedding, I would know all the answers! But...thank goodness its not since I am SUPER BUSY these days...

Anonymous said...

A few days after I typed my 5 Weird things, I remembered the same thing as you--I cannot stand to have a cold shoulder in bed either. I don't like air blowing directly on me either.

Hopefully the wedding will come off without a hitch and if it doesn't, Oh Well! It will be fun and memorable as it turns out!

Jules said...

Was the dress ok?

My brother-in-law totally forgot to bring the marriage license to the ceremony. So, the ceremony was on Saturday, but they were not officially married until Monday. I took mine over to the church a few days early, and Pastor Barbra signed it right then and there and handed it back. I said, "So sex is ok now, right?" She got a big kick out of that.

It is a good thing you left your purse 20 years ago. In this day and age, it would have been dentonated by robots before your DH got back to it.

Suze said...

Yes I did keep the dress...turns out everyone is going to wear burgundy or burgundy-ish colors!
I had the dress shortened and the gal at the tailor shop showed me how to flip the ruffles from the back up and over to make little 'sleeves' by pinning them to the straps in the front...so hopefully I can figure out how to do that on Saturday morning!

I have all the signature blocks for the wedding quilt to prepare by then...I am taking 3 days off work just to make sure I get the freezer paper ironed on and figure out what to do with my stick-straight bra-strap length hair...I am heading to the dollar store for foamy rollers on the way home tonight...

And..OMG you are so totally right about them blowing up my purse if I did it these days! Talk about ANGST!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the wedding!!! Have a blast!

Jane Ann said...

Rian's right. I found a certain fatalism sets in the day before--sort of like childbirth. It's inevitable and it's outta your hands at that point, so relax and enjoy it!

Suze said...

Latest update on the wedding...the rehearsal is on...DS persuaded his boss to let him start later in the night and most of the attendants are going to be there...I still don't know if DD will make it, but I hope so. One of my nephews is having a family crisis of his own so we have no idea if he will show or not yet.
I just learned there is such a thing as a 'Grooms Cake'...I have to call tomorrow and see if the restaurant can produce one for the rehearsal dinner...traditionally its chocolate or fruit cake - since I am the only one that I know thats going that will eat fruit cake...its gonna have to be chocolate!

Anonymous said...

It is a funny thing. Reading about all of the 'wierdness' makes me think I am pretty normal. =)

I am so like you- I turn in circles when I sleep. If I am on my back and want to lay on my right shoulder I do not flop over on my right shoulder. I have to do the entire circle the opposite way. Ha Ha. It makes for a good laugh. I wonder where in the world I got this habit! It took a long while to even realize I even did it. =)