Pages

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Wedding Minus 2

Today is the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner...I am getting a wee bit freaked at how fast time seems to be flying by. Got the reservations in yesterday and ordered a "Grooms Cake" for desert - chocolate with raspberry mousse filling...

At last count, most of the participants are supposed to be there, bright and shiny, at 5 tonight. I still have a ton of stuff I need to get done - retry on the dress, make sure I have all the jewelry and makeup (have to BUY stuff as I don't have any on hand since I don't wear the stuff normally), do a manicure, figure out how to roll the hair, make sure DH's tux is all in one place and check to see if I have to Dryel it...

I did get the signature squares for the wedding quilt and the basket for them finished up yesterday. I took the advise of one of the ladies on the Delphi Quilting Forum - I cut the freezer paper larger than the muslin squares and folded the edges over so there is a frame around the blocks. That SHOULD keep them from having writing in the seam allowance! Have been looking at fabrics online for the rest of the quilt - its going to be a jewel-box pattern (I like it that the jewels look like a ring) - almost DDIL would love to have red and blue satin as the background and border fabrics...I really don't want to sew polyester satin into the quilt...I know there is a cotton satin, but nowhere that I have looked online has it...I am thinking now of getting some good quality cotton sateen sheets and dying them red and blue. If anyone has a lead on where to get cotton satin, let me know!

AND AGGGGHHH..The weather report for Saturday does NOT look good...At least a 70% chance of thunderstorms. I am wondering if I should even bother curling my hair...It won't make it past the front door if its raining...Sigh...May have to settle for the old standby ponytail! This is one time I really hope the weatherman is WRONG! I may end up wearing my silk pants liners under the dress if its going to be that cold! (its only supposed to get up to 68 degrees)

Oh...and a cool thing happened on Tuesday. I went to a party and one of the prizes was a box of scrapbooking stuff. It kept getting won by the guys who said 'Nah...don't want it'. Finally I piped up and said if no one wants it, they could give to me as my DS and almost DDIL are getting married this weekend and I could give it to them for their wedding album. So they did! And I will!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's think some good weather thoughts for the upcoming wedding!

Anonymous said...

Good weather, good weather, good weather....

How about a French twist instead of a ponytail?

68 degrees...that's an average summer day around here.

PS: Have fun!

Jules said...

I am thinking good weather thoughts for you. Have a great time. Relax and enjoy it.