Pages

Friday, October 13, 2006

Wedding Minus One!

Rehearsal went off without a hitch...The church is very cute! Dinner was delish...I wish my son didn't have to work - he missed most of it...

Here's the Groom's Cake...



I thought it was cute that the waitress put the candles in it...

Here is the basket with the wedding quilt squares ready for signing. I pressed one of my nephew's girlfriends into being the monitor of the basket (don't want the flower girls and ring bearer to get into the ink, being as its rather indelible by design!)



Today has been really busy getting last minute stuff ready...Dashed out to get my hair cut - the stylist put layers in the back and around my face which should make the curls look better. I tried curling it yesterday and though it had lots of body, the curls just fell out after an hour or so...The ends were frizzy too, so it needed a cut badly.

Had to Dryel the tuxedo...forgot that the last time DH wore it was for a film shoot and he and the actress were doing a swing dance and they fell on a concrete floor during one of the lifts...there was concrete dust on it and aggghhh - a little hole in the side near the stripe on the leg...out came the Bo-Nash for a quick repair job - unless you know to look there, you can't see it...but its probably time for a new tuxedo - at least a new pair of the pants!

Got a pack of plastic bags from the grocery store...just in case we have wet umbrellas (on the theory that if you are ready for it to rain, it won't!)...Keep up the anti-rain dances...it looks like they are helping! Its down to only 40% chance from 70%! Its pretty cloudy out there but its actually kinda pretty, so I hope tomorrow looks just like today. Thanks for all the good wishes!

4 comments:

Jane Ann said...

Thinking of you, hoping for the best, and waiting for a report. (I'll tell you what I already know when we hear from you.)

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, also. Now that the rehearsal dinner is over, your job as mother of the groom should be easy. Enjoy!! No rain, no rain!

undoubtably_me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
undoubtably_me said...

I was so excited to see that you had a picture of signature squares for a wedding quilt! I'm doing this for my wedding too, but I'm not quite sure how to go about doing it. Would you be able to help me out? Thank you so much!

Jolene