Pages

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Punkin Puddin and WIP Cream

One of DH's and my favorite desserts is Punkin Puddin...It's made like you would make the filling for pumpkin pie, but with a few mods to make it lower-carb: Splenda instead of sugar, cream instead of evaporated milk and no crust..I also cook it at 400F for 20-25 minutes so its a little faster than waiting for a pie.
Last night we got to hankering for some...but I had no cream in the house and being sick with no desire to head out to the market, I needed something else...so, I melted some low-carb Butter Pecan ice cream in the zapper and made do! It was simply....delish! Served it warm with a scoop of the Butter Pecan ice cream and a drizzle of no-carb maple syrup...YUMMMMM...

And now for the WIP...I am working on the squares for the back of the Heart's Garden quilt:
Here are some strips waiting to be sewn.

Here are some blocks waiting to be ironed. I am pressing the seams open because there are so many of them and since the fabrics are different weights I thought they would look nicer if there were not other colors showing thru the lighter fabrics.
Here is the project book (this quilt is complex enough that it needs a project book!). Inside are all the designs, measurements, and snips of all the fabrics I am using.

And...here are 4 of the completed blocks. You can see the pattern start to emerge! There are actually two different blocks - I found this out quite accidentally! But it looks better when the cuts are rotated on the alternating blocks.

I still have a lot of blocks to do before I can start assembling the Quilt-As-You-Go squares...

7 comments:

Sandra said...

The quilt looks great. And your solution to the punkin puddin problem was so clever. I'll have to remember that one!

dee said...

I love the scrappy look of your quilt and thanks for visiting me-stop by again soon. By the way-I scrolled down to see your handbag and it gave me a chuckle..have a great Turkey day....

Jules said...

The pumpkin puddin' sounds great.

I do love how the heart quilt is coming together.

Debra Dixon said...

those are great looking blocks--look adaptable to QoV quilts too!

Granny Fran said...

That is going to be one gorgeous quilt!
I'll bet your punkin pudding
was better than usual.

laura west kong said...

What a fun pattern! Your fabrics are perfect for it.

Unknown said...

I really like this quilt! What a great use for scraps.