Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2007

A-Maze-ing Revealed

This is my first reveal for the 12x12x4 Challenge:

I added 'The A-Maze-ing Miss Bee' to the quilt to make it into a kind of 'interactive' quilt. The bee can be stuck to the quilt anywhere as she is made of felt which sticks to the flannel. Because the sticking is not foolproof (!), I made sure she would not get lost by using the perl cotton to attach her to the back of the quilt thru the flower.

Materials are cotton flannel for the background - the back is covered in the same flannel, black bias tape for the maze walls, felt and fleece for the bee and flower with perl cotton embroidery.

The back also has the information about the quilt printed on muslin and fused.


8 comments:

His Office, My Studio said...

What a cool idea. I like that the bee can move. I love doing maze puzzle and have since I was a kid.

sophie said...

I love your interactive quiltl Everyone who looks at it will smile :-)

Kim said...

Very clever and cute. Does indeed make me smile!

Jules said...

I love the maze. I have been in the maze in Williamsburg, VA. It is very cool. Great piece!

Meredith said...

Wow looks great. I like the lime green.

May Britt said...

This is great. How fun for a child to play with this.

Suzanne Earley said...

What a fun idea. I love the bee!

Fruit Jar Nicky said...

It wonderful! Very original....I've never seen one like it. WTG!