Sunday, May 06, 2007

Cooking... Er...Make That Drying With Gas!


A brief pause for some home maintenance:

We replaced the belt on the dryer - Whoohoo! It only took about 45 minutes and a goodly chunk of that was trying to find enough chunks of wood to hold the dryer drum up so we could remove the front panel...The trickiest part was figuring out how the tensioner connected back to the bottom of the dryer - it fell off when the belt broke and the picture from the internet was not dreadfully detailed - thankfully it was not broken off! When I saw it was just laying there in the bottom, my heart kinda sank, thinking we would probably have to call the repairman after all... But...we have liftoff! Good thing too..the wind is whipping around today - way too windy to put clothes out to line dry - they would likely be found flying around in the next county if I tried!

Back to the o' grindstone...

3 comments:

Granny Fran said...

I definitely have to show this to my appliance repair husband. He has a lot of fun telling me about what happens to people when they try to repair their own appliances. You are braver than me, I refuse to even try on my own, that's why I have Joe.

Deb H said...

Sounds like me. Too busy to blog. I'm at work right now waiting for an appy to get done. My washer needs repair, & I've been working on projects I want done prior to my own surgery next week.
Good luck.

Marsaili said...

Oh I've done the belt on the dryer before, it was such a pain in the butt! My ex was not handy in the least but he was big and strong so he held the drum while I tried to get the belt on and then the screw holes lined up in the back. What a nightmare it was, LOL!