Pages

Monday, February 08, 2016

More Hexie Daisy Progress and Packing for Retreat



Here are a couple of shots of my experiment with back stitching hexies - it works much better if the opposite outer edge is supported with a WonderClip. Do I like it? I think so. It's way neater than the whip stitch...and a bit easier to do than the ladder stitch (no folding) - when I try the ladder stitch, the stitches seem to still show though that may be just practice.. Will have to try to see if I can do this thru the glue on the Wee Hexie Basket...

I still have 14 wee side pieces to add to the pointy sides since I have determined this is going to be a straight edged piece..thought were it goes from there is anybody's guess at this point! 

I am almost packed for Retreat...I don't leave for another week..but I cannot stand not knowing if stuff will fit! This year I am flying, so have to be super conservative on what I bring...

1 comment:

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Can't wait for retreat! I have not started packing but I did buy a monster big suitcase so hope all my stuff will fit. Can't wait to see your projects and show and tell that you have been posting.