Pages

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Road to CA 2018

Road To CA 2018 starts Monday!!
I am taking a class on Monday - 'Stained Glass Quilting, Allie Style' from Allie Aller...
I am taking a class on Thursday-Friday - 'Lumionous Painted Illusions' from Esterita Austin....
Attending Party Time and the Jenny Doan lecture...
I shall be pooped by Saturday night!

Today I packed up for Allie's class..and boy...am I glad I did that today...
My sewing machine trolley broke an axle last Road To CA (in the middle of the road, mind you!! I was most displeased)...I 'fixed' it..but the wheels don't really turn too well and they are not something that can just be replaced...
I got a 'scoot around' a while back and have pressed it into service!


So the trolley is now sitting on top of the scoot around...I have it tied from one side handle to the other  with a piece of clothes line  thru those hand hold slots, snapped from the bottom to the top with two bungee cords (I was most fortunate to FIND the bungee cords!!) AND a lifting strap across the top...it's a kludge!
Took it out into my back patio and it works..well... well enough! At least it has the multi-directional spinner wheels...and if I go slow,  it's not too unstable..
I need a new trolley...sadly..I don't think they make this style of trolley anymore..it was a faithful workhorse for many a year...or I need to figure out how to get the bottom section OFF the current trolley and wire the scoot around to the bottom with maybe a piece of plywood for stability.. Project for another day...currently its packed for Monday's class..
Will have to get a picture of my contraption..

Embarrassingly, I find I forgot to post the rest of  last year's Road to CA show...chalk it up to not feeling well, I guess...it was a strange year...

1 comment:

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Enjoy your classes and the show. Allies Allerton posted some beautiful class samples on her blog. I suscribe to her blog and have for years. You should check out the eye candy she posted.