Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Artist's Way Check In - Week Nine

Week 9 Check In Links

This has been a whirlwind of a week. My Artist Date took up most of the week! I spent Wednesday afternoon helping hang quilts at the Road To California show, then attending the opening preview for class participants. Then classes all day Friday, most of the day Saturday and I went back to check on a few vendor booths Sunday morning (the showroom floor is the emptiest on Sunday morning!)
Instead of repeating the pictures from the show here, please visit the forum posts and see the pictures in my two Road To California Report posts:



Tasks:
There was absolutely no way to do much with tasks 1, 2 and 4 this week...I just did not have the kind of time I would need to do them properly..Started reading my pages but only got a couple of days into them...So far, in what I reread, I complained mostly about 'the betrayal of the body'...
3. Creative Goals for the Year:
  • Journal Quilts Challenge

  • Mystery Quilt at AZ Retreat

  • Hearts Garden Quilt

  • Penrose Tile Quilt (rework per Dixie's suggestions)

  • Continue with 'The Artist's Way'

  • Start working thru 'Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain'

  • Do more sketching, watercoloring and inking

  • Added after Road: Work on Hoffman Challenge (a piece of the challenge fabric followed me home)- may or may not make it, but at least I will try a design

Creative goals for the next few weeks:

  • Finish cutting AZ quilt

  • Make test block for back of Hearts Garden

  • Do January Reveal and make February Journal Challenge page

  • Cut frames per 'Drawing' book

  • Get Tsukineko inks for inking (done!)

  • Practice new handquilting method and get another row done on Penrose Tiles quilting



Check In:
1. Did pages 6/7 days...
2. Artist Date was a blast! Way fun! And it felt really wonderful!
3. Lots of synchronicity - tools and methods for what I want to work on appeared.
4. I am seriously refreshed artistically...I hope I can keep up the fevered pace, but I am really liking it! I learned SOOOO much this week. And I was very brave, and let Dixie McBride actually look at and touch my Penrose Tiles...

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Sounds like you had a great week! It certainly sounds like you have returned refreshed and full of exciting new ideas and projects!