Pages

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Crazy, Quilt...Crazy

Progress as of Thursday:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Redid the fans from day two...Wasn't happy with the originals...I know I did them wrong. Thankfully Debra did some really detailed pictures on her blog that showed exactly how to do them...and I finally 'got it'. Much happier with them now. Frog-stitching on velvet is something you want to avoid if possible. The velvet does not want to give up on the thread!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Day nine's treatment. I did not have any flowery looking braid so I made do with this gold flat braid:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Day ten's treatment. I am running out of two sided seams to do treatments on, so I did all of it on one side...a bit crowded, but I think it works ok. I have one two sided seam left but its too near the fans to do these half wagon wheels - its the same stitch:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 comments:

Granny Fran said...

Wow! I am so impressed by your crazy quilt. Way to go.

Debra Dixon said...

I guess if you run out of seams, you could make a few more pages. . .*wink*

You are really going to town on this project! Good for you. Glad the pictures helped you.

sophie said...

I love it. You did a fantastic job choosing a wonderful mix of colors and threads and beads and buttons and ... tuppence!