Progress as of Friday:
This is part of day nine's treatment. I made the feather stitching into seaweed and then I needed some fishies. Found two oval buttons and drew the fish features with a permanent marker and added some stitched fins and tails:
The sunflower is part of day nine's treatment. The coin is a real tuppence sewn on in shi-sha style, which after a bit of googling, turns out is a Hindi word meaning 'little glass' and refers to the method used to embroider mirrors onto items and is a common theme in India. The method works for any flat round item. The instructions for this are on Annie's blog for day ten.
I added the row of blue beads since I needed something fairly skinny on this seam since the motifs take up so much of the adjoining pieces:
This is day eleven's treatment. I used buttons instead of beads:
I am getting down to the home stretch on this piece...I only have a few more spots where I can easily put in more stitching.