Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Wedding Quilt Siggy Blocks

Had a question on a previous post asking to explain how I prepared the wedding quilt siggy blocks for DS and DDIL's wedding quilt that I am making. Here is a sample of what the blank blocks look like:


I cut the white muslin squares 6.5 inches. I cut squares of freezer paper to 8.5 inches. Center the muslin square on the shiny side of the freezer paper. Fold the edges over - first the sides, then the top and bottom. Iron the freezer paper to the muslin. By covering the edges of the muslin square with the freezer paper, you guarantee that whatever your guests write in the square, they won't get into your seam allowance!

I provided both black and colored fabric ink pens and the results were really cute!


Here are a couple of the finished squares. Once you get them home, peel the freezer paper off, iron the ink to set it and you have gorgeous blocks to set into your quilt!

2 comments:

undoubtably_me said...

Wonderful. Thanks so much, Caricol, for your help! I was a little stumped about the seam allowances part, but that makes a lot of sense.

I love reading your blog!

Jolene

Unknown said...

That is a great idea to cover the edges with freezer paper! I'm going to use that tip next time I need it. Thanks!