Learned a bunch of techniques...and once my 'creative juices' were revved up, I turned my attention to the Embellishment Sampler that my quilting friend at work got me for Christmas...
It needed the mounting quilt - so that part is done!
I originally had a different blue floral for the outer border, but it just wasn't ringing any bells when I laid it out next to the partially embellished squares...so I rummaged around in my large florals bag and found a few other selections...this one won out...Originally, I had a bright green for the resting border, but my DH asked if I could find something to match the turquoise of the upper left flower..found just the right piece and I was good to go. The center is a vintage cotton hankie that I used Terial Magic on to make it board stiff...but since it is pretty thin, I backed it with a creamy muslin. Once the squares are finished being embellished, they will be attached to the mounting quilt with beads.
I really like how this is turning out...DH keeps coming in to check the progress - I think he likes it too!