Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Angel Bear and The TopiaryTree


For my Artist's Date this week I finished off a couple of projects that have been hanging around for it seems like eons! They are at least 10 year old UFO's.
Angel Bear is made of a large brass bell with bear paws and head attached. He has gold wings in the back and is holding my favorite instrument - the harp! The bell used to bug me every time I would move the project, so one year I squirted hot glue into the bell and silenced it..did I take the time to finish the project?? NOPE..just glued that danged annoying marble.
The topiary tree is made of spanish moss and stasis, with tiny rosebuds...
Don't ask me what I am going to do with them though!

Guess what!!! The lady I emailed IS my friend that I lost contact with and she does want to get together to catch up on the last 20 or so years! Yippee!

1 comment:

Pat/SWquilter said...

Congrats on following through -- most especially on contacting the woman to see if she was your long lost friend! It's exciting that she was. And congratulations on finishing the two UFOs as well. I loved the story about gluing the bell so it wouldn't make noise! I'm sure you'll think of something to do with them, even if you no longer want to use them yourself -- gift for someone else perhaps?