Sunday, December 04, 2005

Artist's Way Check In - Week Five

Chapter 5 Check In

I spent most of the week in a bit of a bad mood...I really didn't like the first of the tasks as I found it rather insulting for her to assume I don't believe in a supportive God...and my antagonism towards that task colored my perspective for the rest of them...

Task 8 - Favorite Creative Block would probably be web surfing.

1. Did pages 6/7 days. Not experiencing page and a half thing...either pages start out as a stream of conciousness and stay that way or they start out exploring an issue and I go on from there...
2. Artist Date for this week started out to be the mystery quilt and I did finish the top...but I wasn't totally satisfied with just that, so I went and bought a toy lap harp - learned to tune the instrument (takes a while!) and play a couple of songs. Its cute but it only has 8 strings so its definately just a toy...but it has me longing to get a real harp. There is a store about an hour drive away that does demo classes periodically where they teach you to play a simple song and you get to try out the different harps...That's gonna be a definate goal for an Artist Date in the near future!
3. No real synchronicity this week.
4. No burning issues...

5 comments:

Jules said...

The toy harp sounds like fun, but the real harp lesson sounds incredible. I can't wait to live vicariously through you...

Helen Suzanne said...

i know what you mean about the pages. I'm exactly the same with them. Some times they're even just a focus on the pieces i'm working on at the moment. With my art being also the way i try and make a living all that stuff pops up to be sorted out here too.

sophie said...

I wonder how many musicians or wanna-be musicians are in our group? When I read about your harp experience, I told myself that I have to dig out my flute and make some music this week. Thanks for the nudge.

Jane Ann said...

Sophie, I was thinking the exact same thing when I read Suze's entry about the harp. Art really does know no boundaries, and many of us are musical as well as literary as well as, umm, stitch-i-cal.

Gemia said...

Just last night I was at a school performance at my younger daughter's (Allie's) school, and was talking to another mother about Allie and her piano lessons, which are going really well, by the way. The woman mentioned that she had always wanted to play piano and I found myself nodding and agreeing yes, yes, so have I....and it just hit me that this piano has been sitting in my house since January and I have NEVER SO MUCH AT TOUCHED IT, not even once. How silly is that anyway?

I agree about the pages - I either address issues from the start, or I make big to-do lists, one or the other! But I am not sure I am putting in all the effort I should.