Pages

Thursday, January 04, 2007

"Health and Wealth"


Last year I heard a bunch of whining about not putting the tangerine and the penny in the stockings from my dearest daughter...I wrote about it last January here.

This year, a week or so before the big event, DD calls up to confirm she is going to be attending and casually mentions to me "Don't forget the Health and Wealth"...me being a bit dense at that point, did not catch the meaning...She explained..."You know...the shiny coin and the orange fruit" - enlightenment dawned.

So...I put the tangerine in the toe and added not just the shiny penny, but a nickle, a dime, and a quarter too...and some mini Reese's peanut butter cups for good measure.

She was happy with her "Health and Wealth".

I did forget the new toothbrush and pack of gum though...so I am not quite on the Good Santa Mom list...Next year I need to review my posts BEFORE Christmas so I get it right...or maybe I should just leave myself a note in the stockings when I pack them up this weekend!

4 comments:

His Office, My Studio said...

I too have made the same mistake when Mrs. Santa did not fill our boys christmas stockings. I write notes and put them in the storage boxes for the next year. This year I also have a copy on the computer.

Debra Dixon said...

It's a sure sign of old age when you have to write a note in the Christmas box! but, I did the same thing this year too.

Anonymous said...

oh, nuts. ya know, I haven't done a stocking for my son in SO LONG. your post made me wistful, and I think he (and the bride-to-be) will have stockings for Christmas 2007. thanks for a great post!

Anonymous said...

Some years I have put snapshots of decorations in the boxes so I'd remember how I arranged them the year before! The notes in the stockings is a good idea.

This year I gave my DGD the Life Savers Book my grandfather always gave me, and which I always gave to my children. (One year when they were adults there was a to-do because I thought surely they'd outgrown the custom. Ever been to Walgreen's at night on Christmas Eve?) This year the DGD's MOTHER whined a little that SHE didn't get one too!