Pages

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Getting 'Mall'ed

Had this coupon for 20 bucks off...tried to redeem it online but website said one of my items would not ship until January 7th! Kinda late for Christmas...so I had to visit the mall to pick up the items. I headed out after lunch...BIG mistake...should have been there when the doors opened at 11...The mall was crowded - it took about 15 minutes just to get OFF the freeway at it's exit...then finding a parking spot was no easy task. What I like about this particular mall is there is metered parking close to the stores (its an outdoor mall) and since I knew what I wanted and where to go, if there was a spot open, that would have been ideal...but..no such luck. Found a spot a the top of the new parking structure down the road a bit...It was pretty chilly here today (it was colder here than in New York City!) Made my way over to the store, dodging guys pushing hand cream and shoppers with strollers and large packages...once inside the store, a saleslady came up and got me the items...a definite advantage of knowing what you want! I was outta there in less time than it took to get off the freeway - and there were several large SUV's that were fighting over my space. I took a back route home.

I am OFFICIALLY DONE with shopping for this year. I do have to get food at the end of the week for the party, and I have a few maintenance chores I need to do that will necessitate heading into the hardware store, but for gifting...I AM DONE with the shopping!

Still have to finish making the rest of the gifts that I am making, then pop them into the waiting bags that have already been purchased!

4 comments:

Rian said...

Congratulations on being done! I remember the shopping malls of southern Cal. 4 SUVs jockeying for one space! We were out looking for a sound system and DVD for the TV today--big mistake. Oh, and I popped into Wal-Mart to get some plastic storage bins. Another big mistake. I popped right back out empty-handed! No thanks!

Jules said...

I am taking advantage of my last year as a stay at home mom and shopping during the week. I have a list of destinations today. Now, to get husband up (he was up painting until after midnight last night) so we can get this done before lunch!

Debra Dixon said...

My parent's quilt is due back from the quilter today and I have to mount pictures in an album for Wes and then I am done too!

Brent was easy--we just pushed a shopping cart through Wal-Mart and filled it up for him!

Sandra said...

Wish I was done! I'm going back out tomorrow but not sure if I'll finish. Congratulations!