Pages

Wednesday, March 06, 2019

QuiitMama Class at Retreat

Our speaker again this year is a gal who is known as 'QuiltMama' - Jessica Dickenson...She gave her second half of her trunk show (we had the first part last year!) and wowzers...she has some unique ways of creating quilts! Can't show any of those pictures here...but if you get a chance to go to her trunk show, its wonderful!

A bunch of us took her class on Silhouettes and Circles....you 'make' fabric, either for the background or the foreground figures...and trace a shape (or shapes!) onto Heat N Bond Lite...

For mine, I did butterflies....



I opted for making the fabric for the butterflies and applying them to my blue FQ....
Others did black silhouettes on made fabric..but I really don't care much for that style...

I have blanket stitched the outlines...but that is as far as I have gotten...hope to get it done before next year's Retreat.

One of the gals at my table did a gecko..she got home and decided she didn't care much for the Heat N Bond technique (she much prefers back-basted needle turn applique)...so she sent him to me...
Mr Gecko peeled off the black background (he wasn't all the way fused)...so I just had her send me Mr Gecko...going to try my hand at making fabric for his background...maybe in light pink, light orange, light beige....sand colors.. Have to audition some fabrics! If lights don't work...will go with darks!

No comments: