Pages

Saturday, January 02, 2021

New Year's Sewing (and Cooking!)

Starting to work on my New Year's goals!

One of my goals is to learn ruler work. So, off to the Amazon Shopping Mall to see what they offer...lo and behold, I found the Westalee folks DID create a version of the ruler foot for the Singer Slants!!! Oh my gosh...I ordered that so quick - cashed in a few gift cards and its on its way - should be here in a couple of weeks - I think it might have to come all the way from Australia! Now I should be able to use Jenny Lind to learn ruler work. Comes with the arc template and Stable Tape (I think that goes on the ruler to keep it from sliding- but I will know better once the package arrives.) Yippety Skippety!!!

So to keep busy until that arrives (waiting with bated breath!), I am working on the secret project for Retreat. 

Since I can't show that...I will show my Hoppin' John that I made for lunch!


It was delicious!

My variation has black eye peas, wild rice, diced tomatoes, a carrot, some celery, a can of mushrooms & chopped shallot cooked in chicken stock...seasoned with curry powder, garlic, parsley and rosemary...topped with fresh green onion...



No comments: