Pages

Friday, January 01, 2021

Happy New Year - 2021!!

 


Happy New Year - 2021

The wedding was lovely, the bride was beautiful, my DS looked happy. It was a bit odd being a Zoom wedding...we watched on my phone but probably should have brought the computer in.

I made a cake for us to eat after a late lunch, in their honor - since you can't get cake thru Zoom!


Recipe:

2 tbs almond meal
2 tbs coconut flour
2 tbs Monkfruit sweetener
1 tsp Baking Powder
5 packets True Orange powder
2 eggs
1/2 c fresh or frozen cranberries, washed
cream cheese for frosting

mix all the dry ingredients in a Corning Ware French White ramekin (or use other small microwave safe bowl)
add eggs and mix to make batter
add cranberries and mix
microwave for 4 minutes
let cool for 10 minutes, turn out onto plate and frost with cream cheese if desired. The cake is pretty fragile so, I opted to just do the top.

Let us hope this is not the way the new year goes:


A few years ago, I posted about how my DH, G reacted to having Black Eye Peas for lunch on New Years day...(2012 Black Eye Peas)

I am making a combination of black eye peas and wild rice for lunch this year. Will be a kind of Hoppin' John, which I understand is field peas and white rice...but since black eye peas are related to field peas and, though wild rice is not actually 'rice', its a long grain, it is close enough and I bet that it will taste yummo.

No comments: