Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Road to CA 2019 - Day 3 - For Anne

This class was an applique class where we were learning to us the Appliquick tools... Teacher was Diane Kirkart.

This is the end goal! A pot of flowers!


We worked on just the bigger of the roses and the bigger of the amaryllis flowers.

Here is what mine looked like at the end of the day:



Not dreadfully impressive as to quantity..but I did like the technique enough that I bought the Appliquick rods...one has a 'pickle fork' end and the other has a kind of a hoof! Better than my homemade version of a Popsicle stick with a grove in the end and Pearl's wooden turning tool (it got  very gummy with the gluestick).



The gal (Rosa) that invented these tools was also at Road and was demoing in the vendor mall...I ended up watching her technique and it was a bit different that what I was struggling with in the class..I hope this will make the rest of the flowers turn out better!
She has some really nice scissors..with an extra hole and a kind of a curl at the bottom...would be nice to have but they are so pricey!! Maybe someday...

I have most of the applique done on the inner pieces...not quite sure how to do the stamens on the amaryllis...gotta read the pattern to see if she describes how to do them. And I think the pink needs to be darker...so I will go over that part again..

No comments: