Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Road to Ca - Day 4 - The Quilts, the Vendor Mall and Party Time!

I got to the Convention Center and noticed a whole lot of people streaming up the sidewalk..one of the ladies said there was a fire alarm and they evacuated the Center! So I stopped walking towards the Center and talked with a Security Guard  for a few minutes and after a while, we noticed they were all going back into the Center..Made my way to the Center and almost immediately ran into one of my friends! It was fun to catch up with her!

Saw all of the wonderful quilts (Road to Ca will have pictures of them on their website in a few days..much better pictures that I would take!)
Here is one that I really liked:
Espalier - Joann Webb


Walked the vendor mall and found a booth for a designer that I follow - this was her first time at Road...I asked her if she had any of her cute HedgeHog fabric and she said it had sold out almost immediately! (this was the first day of the vendor mall!) She offered to look at home to see if she had any so I did come back on Saturday and got a piece...soooooo cute!

I met up with one of my friends after she got off work (one of the same gals that took the shirt class on Monday) - we walked around a different part of the vendor mall...

After the vendor mall, it was time to get in line for Party Time...we snagged some food and were probably 20th or so in line...We knew a group of other friends were going to be coming so we got to a table once the room opened up and we had 9 seats filled! Two were guys! One of the gals had persuaded her hubby and her brother to join her and her sister-in-law in the quilting adventure - they each have their own Featherweight!!

The theme for this year's party was Elvis (they had a traveling tribute show of quilts featuring Elvis) - our table's name was Hard Headed Women...one of the guys said...but what about us guys..so he wrote '...And Two Guys' on the card! This same guy got a huge set of fabrics from the Left, Right, Center game...a beginning to his OWN stash, LOL!

Loot that I came home with:


There is an Infinity Scarf  kit in there! (so I will have two!)...A king size quilt backing, a crib size batting, a pounce pack with miracle chalk, chalk pencil, sharpener and several stencils, a yard of Star Wars fabric, 3 fat quarters, a yard of Christmas fabric, three patterns, and  mini pack of hexies...I also have the fabric necklace that I won in the vendor mall - fabric is rayon - makes a really nice necklace!

No comments: