Pages

Wednesday, December 02, 2020

2020 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge - Day Two - My Sewing Space

My sewing space is pretty cramped. I most definitely have more 'stuff' than space!

My main space used to be my son's bedroom when he was living at home. I also have stuff in my daughter's old bedroom which does double duty as my office for work.

The main room houses a drafting table that I have had since my early college days that serves as my cutting board. There is a filing cabinet that belongs to G, on top of which is the storage for my excess wall hangings. A desk that used to belong to my son that has the household internet connection devices. A short bookcase that is piled high with my button collection. A rolling cabinet that has a printer on it. Two steel shelving units that hold books, batting, ribbons, an old fashioned sewing machine case that I probably should get rid of since no one in their right mind would want to haul a sewing machine in that case when they have a perfectly good rolling case stored under the drafting table. The pressing surface - my old ironing board with a wood Big Board that my Dad made several years ago, is snuggled up to the drafting board. My display wall - it originally was going to be my design wall, but its too hard to reach so I pin stuff to the flannel. And...an old computer table with the keyboard dropdown that my main sewing machine lives on. Sometimes I have to turn sideways to get into parts of the room!

In my daughter's old room, I have my extra sewing machines- we'll learn more about them tomorrow! And some projects on the bottom bunk of her old bunk bed.

Sorry its way tooooooo messy to photograph! I need to do a thorough cleaning but may not get to that until Christmas break. 

This is a project that was on my Big Board (with the edge of the drafting table)....it shows a wee bit of my sewing room!




Link to the Muppin Blog Writing Challenge

No comments: