Pages

Monday, December 28, 2020

2020 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge - Day Twenty Eight - Skill I Want to Improve

Prompt for today is Skill I Want to Improve. 

Ruler work. But first, I have to solve what machine that I have that could DO ruler work. I have no space for a long arm or a mid arm, so it will have to be one of the machines I already have. I can get the ruler foot for the short/low shank machines  - Elvie ( the Singer 15) is probably the only one that I could use, but I have no extension table for Elvie - probably would SWIM in Jenny Lind's extension table. And the throat area is a bit small - I could learn on Elvie and hope to get a bigger throat machine someday. 
 


And then I will have to invest in some rulers! I have enough to learn on. but it sure would be nice to get some of the fancy designs.


And I would like to get better on all Free Motion Quilting...not just Ruler Work. I need to banish some of the stuff that is living on my sewing table!



1 comment:

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Learning a skill is more about learning the basics and then investing time to hone those skills.
I really learned free motion on my domestic and did a lot of smaller projects. Thing is that I have lost my skill for free motion on the domestic machine because I have not done it in so long. I should try to regain some of that because being able to do small art quilts on a domestic is a great way to do them.
I am looking forward to seeing what you learn.