Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2020

2020 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge - Day Seventeen - Favorite 'Sewlebrity'

My favorite 'sewlebrity'...oh gosh there are so many of them! Not sure I have just one favorite!

Let's see...should it be Eleanor Burns? I have visited her store many times on the So Cal Quilter's Run. Got to see her at Road one year. She is a fun Sewlebrity..

or should it be Alex Anderson? or Ricky Tims? or Kathy McNeil? or Holice Turnbow? or John Flynn? I have met each of these at Road to CA. They are definitely Sewlebrities...

or should it be Jinny Beyer? I'd like to meet her! I'd like to take a class from her - thankfully I have her books!

or should it be Sharon Schamber? Oh I would LOVE to take a class from her. I used to spend hours watching her YouTube videos before they all got lost. She is a big Sewlebrity.

or should it be Mary Ellen Hopkins, who said 'Its OK if you sit on my quilt'  and devised the ' Personal Private Measurement' system which works as long as you keep it consistent thru the whole quilt and my favorite of all of her sayings - 'Put your big girl panties on!' She was a hoot to listen to...and I learned quite a bit thru her funny lectures...like to make a pillow case for your foam core board so you can take it off to wash it! (I went right home and made a pillowcase out of flannel for my foam core board! Still have it...) Definitely up there in my favorite Sewlebrities list...a funny, witty lady who is missed!





Link to the Muppin Blog Writing Challenge

No comments: