Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2020

2020 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge - Day Twenty Seven - Techniques to Try

Today's prompt is techniques to try. I have more questions! Are these techniques 'I' would like to try? or are they techniques I have tried and want to pass on? I am going with 'Techniques I would like to try'.

One technique I would like to try is using my new SewTites to hold pieces while doing flat-back EPP.  I already have tried the clips with the flat-back stitch, but I need to try with these magnetic pieces to see if they hold better - or if the magnets just drag on the pieces. 



Susan Carlson's collage technique. I would love to have her Master Class. Or Emily Taylor's collage technique. I have read both these ladies blogs but have never done a fabric collage.


Susan Carlson


Emily Taylor


Some esoteric things it might be fun to try:

encaustic collage - but...I don't have enough workspace in my studio for hot wax. Maybe someday. 

alcohol inks - I have the inks and paper but my studio has carpeting and I have been loathe to even try this just in case it would get away from me. I suppose I could do this on the patio - will have to think about this.

Stained Glass - I probably don't have the strength to crack the glass anymore. So, I make do with stained glass style quilting.

Repairing a plaster carving - I have one of my grandfather's plaster carvings that has some minor damage that needs repairing. Would love to get that out of my studio and onto the wall. 

I would love to make a Moravian Star...I have the templates in a file, just need to print and sew. This one is so elegant! and I need that hanger too!




Link to the Muppin Blog Writing Challenge  

1 comment:

Sewing Up A Storm said...

When I did all my fabric dyeing some years ago now I did it outside and in nice weather. I still have all my supplies and that is one of my goals to try to get back into it.