Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

2020 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge - Day Fifteen - Earliest Sewing Memory

 Ah..I DO remember the first thing I  ever sewed. A blue and white dress for my Barbie doll. Mama was making  blue Easter dresses for my Sis and I and I asked for a scrap of the blue fabric. I remember sitting under the kitchen table where Mama was set up to do her sewing. I was seven. I received a  child's sewing machine for the prior Christmas and this was my first real project! I remember the machine being in a wooden box...this is as close as I can come to what I remember the machine looking like:

I made tons of Barbie clothes on that machine.  




Link to the Muppin Blog Writing Challenge

1 comment:

Sewing Up A Storm said...

My first ever sewing project was also a garmet for a doll but I did it by hand because I did not know how to use a sewing machine. It was a scrap from the floor when my mom was making something for herself.