Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2020

2020 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge - Day Thirteen - My Least Favorite Color

I don't have a color that I really don't like. I like every color and have found uses for all colors - though I am more partial to brights than dulls or pastels, they all have their uses. DH does though - he detests the color black. I have a couple of quilts with black backgrounds and he mentions that he does not like black every time he sees them! 

I have fabric types that I don't much care for - like 30's repros..most of them look odd to me. But, I have seen a few quilts that I like in 30's, so I can't discount that fabric class too much.

I really like this one, but DH says its too dark for him. Had beads on the flowers. 


This one is the Columbia Gorge...picture was taken thru the archways in the parking lot of the Vista House. I have almost finished this piece - ended up machine quilting it. Added some colorful hot air balloons and some 'shrubbery' around the curve part. Its languishing because the current 'shrubbery' is from silk flowers and eh - just does not look quite right. I need to make fabric leaves and applique them on instead of the silk stuff.  It has a pocket on the back that I stuff with foam board to keep the arch part up. DH likes the center part...but the rest of it not so much. The arch definitely makes it a strange piece.


I think this one sparkles against the dark background. Tentmaker Work - I was lucky enough to take a class from two authentic Tentmakers from Egypt. The technique is fascinating. One of the guys can stitch with his eyes closed - and he stiches FAST! Its amazing to see them work. Their thread never tangles and they use HUGE scissors - typically they only get one pair for their whole working career. (Me, I have all sorts of scissors, small ones, large ones, practically one in every project bag)


This one though, is his least favorite of all the quilts I have made. Orchid Convergence. One year at Retreat we all did this Ricky Tims technique called Convergence. I think it turned out interesting,  though I probably wouldn't make a bed quilt with this technique.


Note that all of the above have GREEN!


Link to the Muppin Blog Writing Challenge

No comments: