Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2020

2020 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge - Day Twenty Six - Favorite Sewing Foot

Topic for today is my favorite sewing foot. Not sure I have one. 

I tend to use the general purpose zigzag foot on Jenny Lind (my main machine) most of the time. I do switch out to a hopping foot for free motion quilting (FMQ), but I cannot say that is a favorite foot - it's square and it squeaks and is a Pain In The Posterior to put on. I sometimes use the zipper foot, but can't say that is a favorite either.

On Aurora (the treadle), I have gone footless for FMQ- a bit dangerous but I only do it if I have use the Octi-hoops. But that IS fun! There was a guy named Tim Latimer that did FMQ on treadles that had a modified open toe foot, but I haven't seen him posting in a while - but gosh his work was splendid. I can't get an open toe foot for either Aurora (she has back clamps) or Jenny Lind (she is a slant shank) nor can I get a ruler foot - the folks at Westalee that make ruler feet for domestics have not found enough interest from the slant shank sewers to make it worth their while to produce one. Alis is a short shank, but trying to do ruler work with an hand crank just seems like it would take more hands than I have! I suppose I could try it on Elvie (model 15) - she needs a good spa day though before I can use her much.



I have a CurveMaster foot. That might be a favorite, but I don't do enough curved piecing. I suppose it could be used as a 1/4 inch foot, but, again, I don't do much real patchwork.


A pillow cover I made with the Curve Master foot:




 Link to the Muppin Blog Writing Challenge  

No comments: