Pages

Thursday, December 03, 2020

2020 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge - Day Four - Favorite Tools

Favorite tools (and other notions)....this could be a very long list! But, I will try to just pick my top few!

I love the Apliquick tools. I have the turning rods, the medium sized three hole scissors and some of the glue. The glue I find a bit expensive so I have switched to using Elmer's School Glue Sticks - the one that goes on purple but dries clear. I have some of the Apliquick fusible too. I want to get the box to hold the tools that I saw on Kathy McNeil's store - maybe Santa will bring that for me!



Thread stand. This is just one of those things that makes my life so much easier when I am sewing on Jenny Lind. I think it was one of my earliest quilting related purchases.



Superior MonoPoly. I use this for a lot of quilting, both machine and by hand (its' a little trickier by hand - but I have worked out the kinks and it does quite well.)

InvisiFil thread - for applique, I use this stuff or Superior's Kimono silk...but mostly this because a friend and I bought all the collection boxes one year between the two of us and she spooled out half of hers for me on bobbins and half of mine for her so we have the full gamut of colors.

Martelli ergo rotary cutter - when I first got this, I didn't like it much and almost gave it away. But then I practiced with it and I almost can't use other cutters anymore - well, at least they feel more awkward!

InkTense pencils and Tsukineko inks - I love color and I love that both of these are colorfast. The pencils are a bit more portable, but I do like both. I have used other products like the PaintStiks but the overwhelming odor on those is too much to bear!


I LOVE clips! First I just had just the Clover ones but they are too expensive...so I buy the inexpensive kind by the bagful and don't worry if I loose one here and there...Only had one break so they are pretty useful.


And...I cannot do applique without this thimble! Comfort Thimble....it's getting harder and harder to find this thimble - I hope I never loose all of the ones I have! Only place I have found it lately is on the maker's website -  ComfortThimbles.com - they are a wee company in Oregon. There is another thimble with the same name that is put out by Dritz... but it's nowhere near as good as this one. Most plastic thimbles make my finger sweat and then the thimble falls off. This one does not.. I have a large collection of failed thimbles!






Link to the Muppin Blog Writing Challenge

No comments: